Today in Enligh 2, our assignment was to write a paper on diversity and interdependence, implementing a speech written by Martin Luther King Jr., and a song by U2. A bunch of people around me were all flustered, wondering what to write, and just what the heck interdependence meant. I was struggling a little too (although a course of civics told me exactly what interdependence was). It was hard to concentrate and connect everything with the speech and the song, but eventually I managed to squeeze a few words out. (I'll find out later if it was up to Mrs. D's standards.). Anyway, I was thinking about it earlier, and while we do need to rely on others, we shouldn't care so much what other people think of us. I mean of course we shouldn't go walking around with dirty clothes and green junk stuck in our teeth, because come on people, that's just nasty no matter who you are. But, if we worry too much about what other people think, we'll never become our own person. It's like we'll just be puppets of society. (Ooh, I'm getting phylosophical here!) The point is, we should be able to rely on our friends and family to be there for us, but not to judge us in unfair ways.
Whew...that was heavy stuff. On to a lighter note...ITS ALMOST FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!! Ok well technically it's wednesday, but friday is right around the corner. It'll be here before i know it....I hope. :/
PEACE
Caitlin
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Diversity and Interde-what?
Posted by Caitlin at 4:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Okay, I definitely did not read this blog entry yet but I will. Sorry, running out of time 'cause it's morning and I have to catch th bus(yuck!) but anyways, YAY YOU CHANGED YOUR TEMPLATE BACK! Ick, sorry but the one before was oogly and this one is purty. Yay polka dots! Laters!
3 Homework Questions:
1. Where were you born?
2. How old are you?
3. What do you want to be when you grow up?
That has nothing do to with my snapshot, which this is not, btw!
Post a Comment