Valle Crusis


Food for Thought

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Book You Should Pick Up And Read Like Now

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ah Christmas Day

As most of us completely competent people are well aware it is Christmas day (and it has been for quite some time). My Christmas has been quite low-key as it is every year. My family basically just opens presents and chills for the rest of the day until it is time to cook that delicious Christmas dinner which I have yet to taste (I am most excitedly looking forward to my mother's potato salad!) In my house we have an array of traditions that we must carry out for Christmas. For one we never wrap our presents (Matt and I's presents anyway) for completely unknown reasons other than the fact that we have always done it this way. We must always have an orange at the bottom of our stockings. Granted we never actually eat the orange and all it does is simply signify the end of the stocking goodies, but again it is tradition (and my brother goes phsyco if all this doesn't happen). I also sleep on my brother's floor on Christmas Eve and "Santa" (yes we still keep up the charade for laughs) brings our stockings in at 2 in the morning which we stay up for of course. Then in the morning we must wait for Grandma to get here before we go out into the living room and look at all of our presents. Yeah...we're all insane, but this is the family Christmas and I just can't imagine it any other way. And I know that's the way I'll do it when I have kids and DEFINITELY how Matt will do it. He wouldn't have it any other way. Anyhoo we got many goodies this morning. I got three books, seven Cd's, a whole mess of DVDs, a pillow, a purse, a CD player for my car, and some lovely little black socks with frogs on them. Hope you all have had as Merry a Christmas as I have!

PEACE

6 comments:

beav said...

yawn your posts bore me because you can't write like a normal person you have to make everything soooo novel-esque.

Caitlin said...

well blah to you! I can't help it. I even tried this time!

Caldair said...

She does have a point.

BLAARG! I tried writing in novelasiousness but I failed on an Epic Level.

Shannon said...

The tater salad was indeed amazing. Mmmm.
I still think you are crazy for not wrapping presents! ;)

beav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beav said...

Caitlin,you need to call me or IM me the moment you read this! ES MUY IMPORTSANTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE GOT A SECRET!!! HAHAHAH!!! =0000