Valle Crusis


Food for Thought

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Book You Should Pick Up And Read Like Now

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Sunday, May 4, 2008

IVE BEEN HIT!

Ok, so technically, I havent been hit, but I am a cripple. My dad's calling me gimpy now. Earlier tonight at EYC (Episcopalian Youth Group for all you non-Episcopalians out there. And no, I have no idea what the C stands for) we always have dinner first. Well, we said our lovely superman blessing, and then we went off to eat. That's when it happened. I twisted my ankle, and now I can't walk without crutches. I'm hoping this crutches thing only lasts for today, but one can never know. Rookie Training is tommorow, and if I'm an invalid, how can I teach the rookies what theyre supposed to know? It's a huge dilemma. So, if you go to my school, dont just stand there and watch me hobble, HELP ME! Hopefully I wont have the crutches with me, but my ability to walk hasnt improved in the last two hours. My brother thinks I have a torn ligament, because he said that's what it felt like when he had it, only he could walk, so mine must be worse. Way to make me feel better.

On the up side, Kaitlin did her Save Darfur thing at our church during intergenerational sunday school this morning. We raised about 350 dollars, which was awesome considering most of the games only cost a quarter. And I must give mad props to my english teacher, Mrs. Dunigan, for lending us her gigantic shower curtain map. We had a few people step up and try to hit sudan with their quarters and nickels and dimes. Thank God we had the bean bag toss though. That was the biggest hit for the kids. All in all it was an awesome success, and I hope it turned out the way Kaitlin wanted it to.

I also had my recital today! (Busy day, I know). I sang The Music Of The Night from The Phantom Of The Opera. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that song so much. I did better than I thought I would, and I had a lot of fun performing it. I wasnt as nervous as I usually get, probably because there was only like 25 people there. But still, it was fun. The day was pretty succesful, save for me injuring myself!

So, yesterday was solo and ensemble. I really wanted to play for Dr. Marks, considering he IS a clarinet player, and like the strictest, and nicest judge the world over. But, I couldnt wait that long. The man knows how to drone if ya know what I'm sayin. It's all constructing criticism anyway, and he puts people down so nicely! So, I had to go to Mr. Whitfeild, or whatever his name was. Happy to say that I got a 1 (superior). w00t! Afterwards I went with a bunch of friends to go see IRON MAN! It was such an awesome movie! So cool! I wanna go back and see it again! Well, that's all for now!


PEACE

10 comments:

beav said...

I'm going to be the one to sit there and watch you hobble. I have no sympathy because it's not like you'll die from it. =P And you didn't twist your ankle or you'd have massive swelling around you ankle. You just rolled it. Big difference so suck it up and be a man...er...woman! jk. =P

Caldair said...

i will heal you

*points hand at your uninjured foot*

WAISE HAEIL

*a white aura surrounds your unharmed foot*

that took a massive amount of power.......CRAP WRONG FOOT

Caldair said...

think i spelled the Ancient language word for "HEAL" wrong...ah well, havn't read Eragon or Eldest for a while...

beav said...

I still think you are cursed. Of course, maybe it's just me. My right foot is hurting this morning from all the bumps and bruises on it. Also my left foot from where I dropped my flute case on it. Ouch. Oh well. I'll live. You will too.

Caitlin said...

KARMA KARMA KARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

beav said...

No, I'm just clumsy.

Anonymous said...

Don't let Ronnie heal you! Hope the foot/ankle is better.

Caitlin said...

dont worry, he only burned the wrong foot off. now i cant walk AT ALL!

Actually my foot is much better. I CAN WALK WITHOUT LIMPING! But people are still calling me gimpy and hobbles.

Anonymous said...

You seemed fine on Sunday, so I hope everything went well.

I *had* to post a comment because I, too, did solo and ensemble with my clarinet and I always scored a 1. One year, I got a 1+ and had to perform in front of everyone - it was crazy!

Congratulations on your ONE!! Clarinets rule!

~Danae :-)

Caitlin said...

why yes they do! Congratulation on all of your past ones! My foot is fine now, although it still hurts a bit. About a week ago, I sprained it at EYC.