Valle Crusis


Food for Thought

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Book You Should Pick Up And Read Like Now

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

ROOKIE TRAINING!

Today marks the third momentous day of rookie training, and I can already feel the sense of nastalgia seeping up from the grass from last year. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I got to train the rookies. And then I got in the sun and I realized WHY I hadn't missed it in the first place. It is exciting though. But stressful. Drum Major try-outs are getting nearer and nearer, and I'm as frightened as a swarm of newborn kittens. (And whose to say that newborn kittens dont swarm? They could if they wanted to!!!!!!!!!) I didnt understand how much went into one try-out until I started the process myself. It's difficult, but I hope that I can rise to the challenge. Mr. Underwood gave out the drum major prompts for the essays we have to write on tuesday. The topic is: WHY BAND? Well, if that isnt the most obscure topic in the world. But, that also means that it's wide open for interpretation, which is a good thing for me. Essays have never really been a huge obstacle for me. I'm just worried about the question portion of the audition. I don't like being put on the spot without being overly-prepared. I guess if I want to be drum major then I'll just have to rise to the challenge!

PEACE

15 comments:

beav said...

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah! BLAH BLAH BLAH! BLAH DE DAH! BLAH!

Caitlin said...

What kind of comment is that doofus?

beav said...

The cool kind. The kind that you can't understand 'cause you're not cool.

Caitlin said...

According to rinnie we have to embrace our inner nerd. :P

beav said...

hahahah I knew you put rinnie!!!! Who the heck IS rinnie anyway? For one thing his/her name needs to be capitalized.

Rosebud said...

hmmm... i dont like essays never been good at them but good luck anyway! ^^

Caldair said...

It's RroÑñie.

Caldair said...

It's RroÑñie.

Caitlin said...

You felt the need to say that twice? I got it the first time.

Caldair said...

Yes I did.

Rosebud said...

hahahhaa lets be nice now can we? or unless you really have to kill someone in which case i have a few suggestions *looks at Ronnie*

Rosebud said...

hahahhaa lets be nice now can we? or unless you really have to kill someone in which case i have a few suggestions *looks at Ronnie*

Caldair said...

yeah, i agree

*stares pointedly at chelsey.*

Rosebud said...

*is freaking out* THE EYES!!!!! *cowering in fear in a dark corner*

Caitlin said...

...