Don't be too alarmed by the title here folks. It really isn't as dramatic as I've made it out to be, though I must admit at the time it happened I really did feel like I was dying. My life didn't flash before my eyes though...so perhaps deep down I knew I was safe. You're all probably wonder what in God's name I'm ranting about. Well, today is Friday as many of you aware, and completely competent people know. And if you are any kind of high school band or football fan, you know that Friday's mean one thing: football game. So, being a band member, I was all hyped up to go and commence in the merry making (yes, merry making. Shut up) of our first away game. For those of you who don't know, the pep band lives for away games. They are the intermission to our constant stretch of sweaty practices and imperfect home game performances. There is no pressure to win, or any constant fear that we may trip and fall in front of hundreds of people and, most importantly, a select few judges. Well, I think you get the gist of it. (And if you don't then I'm sorry to have to be the one to break the news to you that you are just plain thick). Anyway, I was on my way to the school to board a bus with all of my friends when BAM! it hits me. No, it really hits me. Like, a car hits me. Right in the rear as I'm slowing down to stop, sending me careening into the car in front of me. It was, quite possibly, the most terrifying experience to date in my life. I'm still in shock and it happened close to four hours ago. What really got me was the little girl in the car in front of me. She stumbled out of the car, her nose wet and tears in her eyes, screaming like there was no tomorrow. I suppose, to a four year old, it would seem that way. Well if any of you know me at all you could probably guess that this sent me into a rampage of tears and guilt and a waterfall of more tears. The guy who hit me from behind was distant for the most part, and outraged when the state trooper handed him a citation. I'm fairly sure we will be getting a subpoena any day now. The only injury I seem to have is a slight swelling in my knuckle, but that could be from anything really. The real beaten and bloody victim is my car. My poor, poor, dear, sweet car. It puts up with a lot as old as it is and now it has battle wounds on the front and back bumper. I suppose I can be thankful that my beastly Chevy is made from solid steel. I was so shaken up that I cheated on my diet (this is my excuse for it anyway. A girl in my state needs her ice cream) and some very delectable cinnamon bun ice cream (A flavor that comes in second only to the heaven that is blueberry muffin batter ice cream). I suppose I'm alright now, though if you asked me to hold out my hand it might shake like a wet dog. Don't fret though I'm not having a siezure...well...maybe a mild one. Anyway, I regret not being able to get to the game. I can imagine all my friends there laughing and playing crazy bomp while I'm stuck here mulling over my near death experience. Still, I don't believe I could have taken a football game right now. At least I'm still alive right?
PEACE
Friday, August 29, 2008
So I Almost Died Today...yeah...
Posted by Caitlin at 5:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Oh my gosh! You have the Alan Parsons Project on YOUR playlist!
Wow! Now I've actually read your blog and I'm so glad you are OK! Make sure to always leave a car-length in front of you so in case someone does hit you from the rear, you won't also hit the car in front of you. The trooper or your Dad probably already told you that but, well, you know how us Moms are. We just want you to be safe. I really am glad that you were not injured - God must have been looking out for you! (Sorry about your car.)
Yes I'm glad I'm okay too.
I grew up with The Alan Parsons Project...so has my brother. We've always heard their songs around our house, so we can't not like them.
Well good thing you are still alive or I would have killed you. If it makes you feel any better, I was bored at the game. I dunno what it was but it was just strange...I had no energy by time I got there(probably the Friday Blues) and it just was sooo boring. It was the longest two-three hours of my life.
Friday blues? Who in the world gets the Friday blues? I thought it was the MONDAY blues.
I think it's really the "first week of school" blues... :)
That's probably more likely. Everyone gets that.
Post a Comment