Valle Crusis


Food for Thought

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Book You Should Pick Up And Read Like Now

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

AP SHOULD stand for Awfully Painful

I think that perhaps when I signed up for my classes, I was temporarily mentally deranged. Maybe I had a touch of the flu and my head wasn't straight, or maybe I just figured, hey, why don't I just go ahead and off myself right here right now? I say this because I have come to a bump in my normally easy going class regiment. Now normally, most of my academic classes are honors, which I have seemed to be able to handle up until this point. But for some reason that not even I have divulged the meaning of yet, I signed myself up for AP English Language. I'll be the first to admit that English is my rock when it comes to school. It is easily my favorite (other than band of course) and easiest class, because I just get it. It's encoded within my DNA to love and understand what goes on in an English class. But this class is unlike any other English I have experienced before. It is...mind blowing. And by this I mean crazy hard. Yes, I much prefer the class to anything mathematical (as I'm sure that's just a shocker to those of you who know me. Gasp, right?), but still, I find myself having to hold my head together so that it doesn't explode with the intake of what my teacher is throwing at me. I'm sure that I'm being a touch over dramatic as I tend to often be in demanding situations. Still, it is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Although I must say that my teacher is phenomenal. So much so that I often find myself ashamed that I am not as worldly as she. I guess I could use the excuse of being a teenager, but even a teenager has the power to pick up a copy of Animal Farm and understand it (something that I have yet to do but hopefully will in the next year). I welcome the challenge though (or as much as I can without going completely insane) and hope to GOD that AP truly doesn't stand for Awfully Painful.







PEACE

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Awwww.
I don't think I've ever heard you complain about something academics related. This is leaving me without hope for my own future course of study. Lol :p
Look at the bright side... wait...I know there's a bright side here somewhere....
Ah, yes.. At least you didn't just fall behind five whole days like..... this girl I know...
O.O

beav said...

Awww....I told you so.

Caldair said...

Wait...you didn't understand Animal Farm?

EYC said...

No I've never read Animal Farm. No one ever said I didn't understand it.

Caitlin said...

sorry that one was supposed to be me! i did it on my youth group's blog!

Shannon said...

I was going to comment on that earlier...but I was too lazy to sign in. hehe :)

NoCheezburgers said...

God hopes so too...

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. I enjoyed your post! I have heard that that class is very challenging, but also phenomenal! Stick with it. It is a good thing that you are being challenged. I feel like we almost are unable to "challenge" you. Well, I won't get on a soapbox. Surmise it to say, yeah! I know you will grow immensely.