Valle Crusis


Food for Thought

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Book You Should Pick Up And Read Like Now

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Summer Boredom

Yes, you heard me. Summer Boredom! It spreads like wildfire, and I am currently a victim. Although it may seem like a dream to go to bed at 3am and wake up at noon, it gets a tad more monotonous than it may seem. Granted, I should probably be relishing the free time I have now rather than complaining about it because in about a week, I will be living an entirely different life. The life of a band camper. I twinge just thinking about. Band camp occurrs from roughly eight in the morning to eight at night (this is a guesstimate here people) in the sweltering, relentless heat of the summer sun beating down on our poor, fragile bodies. You can bet how I am looking forward to that. What I am really apprehensive about is when school starts. I still cannot fathom that I am going to be in eleventh grade. ELEVENTH GRADE! Even scarier is the fact that I am going to visit a college this week. I didn't think that would be happening so soon. I am all hopped up on nervous excitement at the thought of it. The next thing I know I will be out of college looking for a job and getting married. It's odd to even think of now when that world seems so far away. But I am looking forward to it. And when I do think of it I realize that i should be glad for this time away from responsibility. But I am a teenager and I do need the occasional distraction from boredom. Oh well...I hope the rest of you out there have something to occupy your time so you don't go stir crazy like someone I know. (That would be me, in case you didn't catch the hint).




PEACE

9 comments:

beav said...

Everytime you said the B word, I swear the forest just caught on fire and all the critters were squeaking to each other, "FLEE!!!!! FLEEEEE!!!" as they were fleeing.

beav said...

*rubs hands together and laughs maniacally* Finally, we have confused him!!!

Caitlin said...

i know right? thats what i meant by spreading like wildfire...and ronnie, im surprised you didnt catch that.

Shannon said...

I am so so so very confused.

Caldair said...

I didn't mean "what" as in "Idon't understand" I meant "what" as in "why did you just say that?"

Caitlin said...

you people...summer boredom is spreading like wildfire threefore whenever i said the b word (aka boredom) the forest catches on fire and all the critters squeak to eachother "fleee fleee!!!!!!!!!" as they were fleeing.

its really not rocket science.

beav said...

Wait, the B word for me is Band Camp not boredom...

Shannon said...

But if it was spreading 'like' wildfire, then the forests themselves really have nothing to do with this.
hmm..

Caitlin said...

oh...but I wasn't talking about band camp...now IM confused!