Valle Crusis


Food for Thought

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Book You Should Pick Up And Read Like Now

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Monday, November 3, 2008

Sorry for the Absence


I know that my long standing absence has been plaguing the lot of you relentlessly. I am sorry about that. It was that darned black hole again, would you believe it? The very same one as last time too. What a coincidence huh? If it shows up around these parts again I may have to name it (I've thought Bob or Phil might be a nice name...it all depends on the name that pops into my head the moment I see it). But, contrary to popular belief, the world has kept spinning in my absence (try to catch the sarcasm here folks), and many a thing has happened since my last blog about...oh...six or so weeks ago. Marching band season has in fact come to a bittersweet conclusion. Oh how I shall miss those sweaty, drawn out practices, getting yelled at by Charlie, and rolling my feet until they literally fall off of my ankles altogether. Seriously, though...I really will miss that rush that overwhelms me at the end of a job well done and the beauty of storming a well worn football field in the wake of a grand championship. Now that I really will miss, no doubt about it. But life moves on and so do band seasons. War and Peace is now forever at rest. I must say that, although it was a wonderful show, it can never live up to the sheer amazingness that was Egypt. It was by far my favorite show. I only hope that next year can compete with that slot especially considering that it will be my senior year. I also hope that is the year I will be drum major. I certainly hope for that, but in order to achieve it I must keep myself in shape (or rather get INTO shape) and work to improve my arm waving, more commonly known as conducting. All the while I must maintain my grape in AP Language, which I am happy to say is relatively high (not to brag or anything -.-), hopefully this means I won't be completely in over my head when I finally go to college. I have also found out that this year's spring play is Guys and Dolls. I do not, however, know what the heck that is or what the heck that is about. I am in a debate with myself about whether or not I should try out for it as I have in years past. Obviously I would be hoping for a larger part, but I am also thinking that perhaps I should get a job. (Do not judge me for this fact. Money is money after all and although I do not condone greed, a little green is nice to have every now and then. It's either get a job or keep begging my parents for money and quite frankly my knees are getting a little sore...). Anyway, for the moment I am simply in limbo, enjoying the time when I do not have to do one thing after another after another after another and another and another and on and on into oblivion until my head pops off and rolls into a nearby gutter. Ah well, I suppose we all just have to take things one step at a time. I have adopted that policy for my life now...I believe that it has made coping with the rest easier. And, in the immortal words of Forest Gump, that's all I have to say about that.




PEACE

10 comments:

beav said...

How come you have to blog as if you are writing a novel? Sheesh. Just blog like a normal person like you're talking to someone. I think the Language class is going to your head.

Caitlin said...

Me too. I think I'll need therapy to rid me of the damage it has done

Caldair said...

I honestly think that 75% OF all your posts is about how you haven't been blogging for a while, and now your going to blog again.

beav said...

He's right, you know. That's true.

Caldair said...

C/Kaitlins go to my blog-Kaitlin your blog is blocked, I'm sorry.

Shannon said...

They're right. It's just like mine. Teehee.

Caitlin said...

Well they say that abscence makes the heart grow fonder so...grow little hearts, grow.

Shannon said...

Why's it gotta be little?
You've saddened me so...

Caitlin said...

...and his heart grew three sizes that day...

Shannon said...

Really? A Grinch reference?
Way to make me feel better.
And I thought you loved me.....




Haha. :P