Valle Crusis


Food for Thought

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Book You Should Pick Up And Read Like Now

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Monday, April 7, 2008

NEW BOOK! (Creative Writing Classwork)

The title my book is Surrender, written by Sonya Hartnett. I decided to check this book out, not only because of the interesting cover, but because of the summary I read on the inside. It is about a boy named Gabriel, who has made a complete mess of his life, and his only two friends are his dog, Surrender, and his friend, Finnigan. But then, arson attacksstrike the town, and apparently Gabriel along the way founds out that his best friend isnt what he thought he was. But, that he is in fact, dangerous and out of control. I love the concept of this, and it just sounds really exciting and gripping. The front of the book is dark, and there is an opening to some large biulding. Red, orange, and black fire is eating away at the inside, and billows up in a cloud towards the roof. There is a small dog on the outside of the door, lit up by the flames, standing clamly, and looking into the fire. I think this could be described as realistic fiction, and I have never read anything by this author before. I enjoy realistic fiction books, as long as the plot is good. If it is just something boring that I experience every day, then there really isnt much of a reason for me to read it, because it's like my life, only written down onto paper. And that wouldnt be very exciting for me.




Summary:

The story starts out with Gabriel's point of veiw. He makes it clear that he has some dark past, where he has made terrible mistakes in his life. But now, he is bedridden, sick with dying. He cannot move of his own accord. His aunt takes care of him. She has to bathe him, help him to the bathroom, and feed him. He has liquid in his chest and it is killing him. The next part is from Finnigan's point of veiw, the wild boy who is, supposedly, Gabriel's friend. He is in the woods with his dog, Surrender. Surrender chases after rabbits, while Finnigan surveyes his surroundings of Mulyan. He is a wild child, who lives outside, and claims that all the world is his. The author has a very discriptive style of writing, using lots of metaphors and similies.

0 comments: