Valle Crusis


Food for Thought

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Book You Should Pick Up And Read Like Now

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO EXCIIIIIIIIITED!!!!!!!!!! This Thursday, the wind ensemble is going to festival where we will play our lovely music in front of lovely judges who will give us lovely scores! Well....they will be lovely if they are ones. They will be peachy if they are twos. They will be eeeeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiiiiil if they are threes or higher. But anyway, the reason for my excitement is, since festival is coming up, then so is spring break. And everyone knows what that means! I GET TO GO TO NEW YORK FOR THE FIRST AND PROBABLY LAST TIME IN MY LIFE AND IT WILL BE AH-MA-Z-ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well maybe not amazing. But it'll be fun. We are going to go see two broadway plays, The Phantom of The Opera, and, Hairspray. Both of which I am eager to see. I just want to be inside the building. I've never been to an actual broadway play, and this is probably the most exciting thing to happen to me since we went to Towson, Maryland (or however you spell it.) This also means that it's almost EASTER! Hooray for baskets filled with candy and lame colored easter eggs! No, seriously, I know that Easter is about the resurrection of Jesus, I just wonder how all this other stuff came about. I mean seriously, who thought, "oh well today marks the celebration of Jesus' resurrection, so it makes perfect sense to dye eggs and watch little kids hunt for them." And just where exactly did the Easter Bunny come from? WHERE DO ALL THESE TRADITIONS COME FROM, I ASK YOU? Oh well, candy is candy, and candy is dandy. I know all the commersialism takes away from the holiday, but seriously, who doesnt like candy? Well I'm sure there are a select few.

PEACE

15 comments:

Caldair said...

Rettferdig så som du vet , anledningen for kanin og fuglene er fordi religeous ting bak , Påske er en festen av Vår og Livet

Caldair said...

*NOT A TRANSLATION*
Your recomandation of the week is lame...would say it in Norwegian but already closed translater...

Caldair said...

Father Ron has good taste in books tv shows and movies.

beav said...

Ugh...I wish people would STOP acting like 2 is the end of the world. TWO DOES NOT MEAN WE SUCK!! MY GOAT!!!!!!!! That is SO aggravating how everyone acts like a two is the spawn of Satan. I know we are capable of a one; we have proved that but if we go in there and do our best and our best is a two then so be it! sheesh!

Caldair said...

Will translate first comment in class tommorow

beav said...

Considering you have the memory span of a three month old crinkled up peanut, I'll just keep wondering. =P

Caitlin said...

OMG HA HA HA! And I know, everyone makes a big deal about twos. I personally would perfer a one,but a two doesnt mean we suck

Jenny said...

wow, have fun during spring break!!!! And yeah that is a good question about how all they easter egg and easter bunny stuff came about. Cause easter is really about when Jesus rose from the dead. Well have a good easter.

beav said...

Amen, Jenny. If it's a girl, can you still call her *name*son? Hm. If this is an insult in the Japanese/Chinese world, I am sorry. Amen, Jennyson.

Caitlin said...

Im pretty sure that it goes either way. It's one of those gender trips, like waitors only recently being waitresses if they are girls.

Anonymous said...

How did Festival go? Oh wait, as I read the other comments under this post I see that you got a 2. Not sure what this means. I remember singing in different festivals in chorus in high school...anyways, how did YOU feel it went?

Anonymous said...

Well, actually the Easter bunny was a pagan symbol. The rabbit or bunny was a symbol for the pagan goddess Eastre. Also the rabbit, as well as eggs, are a sign of fertility. So, to answer your question, I know that the Germans brought the idea of the Easter bunny over to the States (not sure exactly when), but Easter wasn't even celebrated in the US widely till after the Civil War, so sometime in the late 1800s-early would be my guess...

Caitlin said...

Interesting little tidbit. i did not know that.

And Festival went grrrrrrrrreat! We did not make a two (which is a rating of excellent), but we got STRAIGHT ONES!!! (Which is a rating of superior!)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is amazing! I read your post from today about your trouble with the broken clarinet
:o( but sounds like you pulled through and everything worked out. Things always seem to break at the worst times. When it rains it pours as they say.

Caitlin said...

true much