Valle Crusis


Food for Thought

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Book You Should Pick Up And Read Like Now

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Friday, March 7, 2008

Hotel Rwanda


In English class today, we watched the movie, Hotel Rwanda. It is about the genocide of the Tootsie's in Rwanda committed by the hands of the Hutu's. More accurately it is about a man name Paul Russesabagina (sp?), and how he housed nearly 1300 Tootsie's in his hotel, even though he was a Hutu, during the times when they were being massacred. Although the stories may make us cringe, it is a good thing to learn about genocide. It shows us the sheer magnitude of the horrors that go on when one race tries to wipe out another. Who knows why anyone would want to do such a thing, and I'm pretty sure their reasoning is not good enough, not for me at least. But, the point is, is that they do it, and genocide is real, no matter how much we dont want to face it. Like a reporter said in the movie, most of us will watch the news and say, "that's horrible," and then go on eating our dinners. The movie really makes you think about what is important in life. Sure...the effects of the Rwandan genocide did not directly effect our country, but we are all human beings. We all make up the earth, and were put here for a reason no matter our color, gender, or nationality. We should live as if we are all brothers and sisters, though none of us do, but maybe one day that will happen. Until then, I hope you all take the time to watch Hotel Rwanda, and think about what a spectacular human being Paul Russesabagina was.

4 comments:

Caldair said...

I watched hotel rwanda-and I completly agree with you-it's kind of like learning about the Holocaust isn't it? Terrible, sicking, but we've got to know.

Caldair said...

Sorry-completly unrealated to the whole "We all have to not kill each other but we do any way" theme but I GOT ASSASSIN'S CREED! Nd it is such a cool game!

GO TO MY BLOG I HAVE LIKE 4 MORE POSTS AND 2 ARE GAMBINIS!! I DON'T CARE THAT YOU ARE BUSY WITH THE PLAY OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU DO WHEN NOT ON MY BLOG!!!!! I AM A REJECTED INDIVIDUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caitlin said...

awww poor ronnie. Youll be glad to know that the play is over now...today was the last day (sadness!) I shall now have more time to devote to y our blog.


p.s. You need a hobby dude.

beav said...

*Tutsis