Valle Crusis


Food for Thought

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Book You Should Pick Up And Read Like Now

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Writing Test On Tuesday

Okay, so the all feared tenth grade writing test is on tuesday. I know that we're supposed to be cool calm and collected about tests, but this is different. It's THE WRITING TEST. I'm pretty sure that I want to minor in creative writing, and while THE WRITING TEST isnt focused on creative writing, it's still writing, nonetheless. I get all paranoid when it comes to people grading my writing because I always think they're going to say that it's terrible and that I'm not any good, and that I shouldnt quit my day job. (Technically, I dont have a day job, but you get the gist.) And this isnt one of those study-your-brains-out-late-into-the-night-with-ten-cups-of-coffee kind of tests, it's one of those things where you just have to kind of trust your abilities. I have some people survey my writing, but they're never really unbiased. Mostly it's my friends and family, which is why i get so wigged out when teachers or other people grade my writing. Ever since the seventh grade when i got seriously into writing (I've always liked it but I never really pursued anything) I've been terrified of handing my writing into teachers. It's like a phobia or something. Lets see, theres my arachnophobia, um...needlephobia(?), and now this. Lovely. I'm a walking panic attack waiting to happen. (Therapists get your half moon glasses, and your clipboards ready!) Well, it's not that bad, but sometimes I just wish I were 100% sure that something I write is good. I have a sense, but I'm not a professional. Not yet anyway. *crosses fingers hopefully*

8 comments:

Caldair said...

1) YOUR WRITING IS SO FLIBBERTYJIBBITING (yes, it can be used as an adjective) AWSOME ITS NOT FUNNY! STOP WORRYING (and if you do worry, get a day job so you don't quit it) 2) I FORGOT WHAT I WAS GOING TO TYPE NEXT BECAUSE I AM SO ANGRY/AMUSED WRITE (pardon the pun, couldn't resist) NOW!!!

Caldair said...

O yeah, are you going to Kaitlin's laptop's funeral? If so see you there (and at school)

Caitlin said...

Yes, unfortunately I am. crummy crummy circumstances. I wonder who is delivering the eulogy?

Caldair said...

O yeah I AM NOT BIASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caldair said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beav said...

What? Biased about what? I'm confused...If it had something to do with the post, that might be why. I didn't read it yet. oops...

beav said...

Oh, I get it now. I read the post. I'm not biased either! You know how I feel about your writing. I might find it boring at times depending on the plot but THAT is being biased based on my own interests in plot but other than that, I'm not being biased when I say it's good. I hate you for it because of that. Duh. Keep up, dahling child.

Caitlin said...

how can you hate me and call me dahling child?